Thursday, March 12, 2009

" A Day Being A dEe-Jay (Disc Jockey) "


A disc jockey (also known as DJ or deejay) is a person who selects and plays recorded music for an audience. Originally, disk referred to phonograph records, while disc refers to the Compact Disc, and has become the more common spelling.
There are several types of disc jockeys. Radio DJs introduce and play music that is broadcast on AM, FM, shortwave, digital, or internet radio stations. Club DJs select and play music in bars, nightclubs, discothèques, at raves, or even in a stadium. Hip-hop disc jockeys select and play music using multiple turntables, often to backup one or more MCs.

I am a real music lover and I also love talking. I thought that being a Radio Dj would be a dream job for me. I would get the chance to play songs and music that would satisfy the cravings of the listener. I could crack jokes and i could even share my thoughts on-air. I could give advices to those in need and i could be a good listener to my listener (get it?). hahaha!XD I thought that it would only be a dream. I even said to myself that if only i could just be a guest in a radio booth and be beside a DJ, that would be enough for me.

And thank God my wish was granted!

March 10, 2009. We went to Monster Radio BT 99.5 to have a recording for a play. I was very excited and overwhelmed of the place. Then we were told that we could stay at the dj's booth if we want to. I quickly took the chance and was the first one to be in the booth. It was a very remarkable and unforgetable experience. I got the chance to meet a real dj and we had some serious and wacy tals with each other. He even acknowledge our presence on air and even interviewed us. That was a very fun day. I really hope I would really get the chance to be a real DJ someday.


No comments:

Post a Comment